Anxiety is a reaction to a threat or a danger vague or even unknown. Do you feel anxious, but not too sure, and you don’t know why are you worried. Anxiety attacks can occur suddenly and are sometimes very intense: the heart throb, blood pressure rises, breathing difficulties and you will feel tired and dizzy. Anxiety attacks occur most often after a period of unusual stress such as a divorce, a friend’s death, job loss, etc.. Anxiety can be manifested by the following symptoms:
– Abdominal cramps
– Lack of concentration
– Shallow breathing or shortness of
– Unwanted thoughts or behaviors
Luckily, for your state of anxiety there are also handy remedies. Before resorting to drugs, first try natural treatments that have passed the test of time and have no side-effects and most importantly, they’re not addictive.
– A glass of warm milk mixed with a teaspoon of honey, is an ancient remedy for insomnia that works. Milk contains tryptophan, an amino acid that is used by the brain to produce serotonin, for which in turn, you feel good. You can get tryptophan from bananas, turkey, mineral water, cocoa.
– A cup of hot water and put two tablespoons of hops, three cups of infusions daily to treat anxiety. Hops is used in the preparation of beer, which gives a specific flavor.
– Rose petals can be administered three times a day as a cold soak cup of rose petals. Treatment lasts at least a month and has mild effects, this is powerful and yet subtle. Studies show that rose contains active ingredients and antidepressants anxiolytics.
– Yeast – Anxiety could cause lack of vitamins, and the especially B complex in yeast is invaluable, but be careful not to dilute fruit juice that ferments. Dilute a teaspoon of yeast in warm milk or tea or if you can take it as such, in the morning and evening. Yeast also contains many other vitamins besides the B complex, amino acids, minerals, proteins, trace elements etc..
– Valerian – Research shows that the active ingredients of valerian give results as good as many antidepressants – but valerian is natural and do not give side effects. You can take 250 mg twice a day.
– Aromatherapy, is one of the most effective treatments against anxiety, which can be done at home. For aromatherapy sessions is advisable to use lavender oil, and the jasmine or sandalwood.
– A warm bath, is one of the most pleasant and safe ways to soothe your senses. For deeper relaxation, add a few drops in water of aromatic lavender oil (or dried flowers if you have any). This fragrant herb is used for 2000 years and nobody knows how he manages to calm the nervous system. If you do not have time for bath, rub yourself with a little lavender oil on your temples and relax for a few moments.
– Limit consumption of coffee, teas containing tenina (eg black tea), alcohol, cola. Research shows that people with symptoms of anxiety may be sensitive to caffeine and alcohol. Alcohol seems to relieve anxiety, but after, may exacerbate the symptoms.
– Meditation – Healing qualities of meditation begin to be increasingly appreciated. Remember when you looked on the blank window, or in the park when you were little, you were feeling good. Get yourself alone in a quiet room and try to meditate 15 to 20 minutes daily.
– Aerobic exercises, excellent treatment for anxiety, or walking at least 30 minutes (step lively) in parks, stimulates the release of endorphins, chemicals that give the feeling of happiness.
Severe and prolonged anxiety can affect your physical health. If not solved with herbal treatments, if you can not sleep or concentrate or if you feel like you could hurt yourself or others, you should see your doctor. Warning! Anxiety symptoms can mimic serious conditions such as hyperthyroidism, hypoglycemia, or even myocardial infarction.
The best way to deal with a crisis of anxiety, is to look at it as what it is: an emotional state that will scare you but will not put you in any danger, try to stay calm and breathe deeply several times, then you’ll calm down.
813 total views, 2 views today