Korean cosmetics and skincare routines are known as one of the best ones in the whole world. At the age of 50, Korean women look 30 years younger and their skin radiates health and youth. You might wonder how do they do that?
We admire the beauty of Korean people and here are some of their secret tips:
1. The 10-second method. To make your skin look clean, healthy and fresh, apply moisturizing cream 10 seconds after your shower. Your skin pores open after a shower so the cream is absorbed faster.
One way to do it is to gently pat your face with the towel, leaving it only a little bit watery and then apply the moisturizing cream. Otherwise, your skin will dry and become quite vulnerable to different kinds of bacteria.
2. Hot towel massage. Soak a soft towel in hot water, cover your clean face with it and gently rub along the massage lines. After 15 minutes take the towel off, then apply natural nourishing oil to your skin. This procedure enhance blood circulation, opens the pores and helps the skin breathe.
Hot towel massage is an excellent alternative to spa procedures, it costs you nothing, takes only 20 minutes and your skin will thank you for it.
3. Jamsu. An original way to quickly set your makeup and make your skin look matte and tender. Start by putting on your makeup by richly coating your face with powder. Then, submerge your face in a bowl of cold water for 15 to 30 seconds. The powder should covers the face evenly, giving the skin a distinct velvety feel.
This beauty hack will help you look fresh all day without reapplying your powder or foundation. It especially works wonders in the summer months when makeup is melting, giving your skin an amazing perfectly mate and healthy look.
4. Shaving foam against acne. Apply the foam to your clean face massaging it with your fingertips, keep it on for five to ten minutes and then wash it off. Perform the procedure once or twice a week.
Korean women regard men’s shaving foam as one of the best ways to fight periodical facial eruptions. Shaving foam possesses antiseptic properties, but be careful to only choose shaving foam for sensitive skin, and also don’t forget to moisturize your skin after the procedure.
5. Seaweed for your face. Nori (Japanese name) can be used as a nourishing mask for your face. All you need to do is take several sheets. put them in warm water and apply them to your face for 15 minutes. Seaweed has a lot of vitamins and other components with powerful antibacterial properties that take care of your skin and preserve its youth. It activates the bloodstream metabolism and rejuvenates the skin.
Seaweeds natural compounds can have a positive effect on acne explosions.
6. Salt-based facial tonic. The recipe for this tonic for problematic skin is simple: add 1 tablespoon of sea salt to one glass of warm water and give it a good stir. After every washing, wipe your skin whit a cotton pat moistened in the tonic.
Sea salt is widely known for its positive effect on the skin and is frequently used in various beauty recipes and even skin therapies. It disinfects the skin, gradually removes blackheads and soothes inflamed areas. Your face looks fresh when your pores contracts. But use it wisely and try to avoid cuts.
7. Anti-pimple patch. The Korean anti-pimple patch is a real hit among the fashion-conscious. Inconspicuous on the skin and under makeup, these tiny patches cleanse the face of any pimples in a couple of days, due to its special antiseptic composition. The patch isolates and cures a pimple by soothing the inflammation in record time, even overnight in most cases.
You can buy these little skin helpers online in a variety of sizes, depending on the size and even the shape of the blemish.
8. Soy milk. In Asia, soy milk is actively employed in cosmetic remedies, professional and homemade alike. One of the oldest and easiest recipes goes as follows: Stamp in a gauze pad with soy milk and leave it on your clean face for 15-20 minutes. Do this once or twice a week.
Soy components normalize the functioning of sebaceous glands, rejuvenating and nourishing the skin. You can also use soy milk for your hair. It contains protein that provides internal support for your hair to help it grow out healthier and stronger. Soy milk is also great for repairing hair split ends.
9. Silkworm cocoons. Silkworm cocoons have been used for ages as a natural remedy to cleanse the skin deeply. Put them on your index fingers and massage your clean skin for 10-15 minutes. The cocoons will remove dead cells, stimulate skin regeneration, help with blackheads and make skin pores contract. It’s also known to replenish collagen, the substance that keeps our skin elastic.
Some dermatologists suggest to use silkworm cocoons every other day as a part of your beauty routine, just like applying a moisturizing cream. Silkworm cocoons are available to buy online.
10. Lemons for a lighter skin. Cut a lemon in half and squeeze the juice into a bowl. Using a cotton ball apply the undiluted lemon juice onto your skin. You can do this several times a day. The critic acid contained in lemons has exfoliating properties and removes dead skin, pigmentation spots and excess oil and dirt. The vitamin C inhibits melanin production and improves skin elasticity.
Lemon juice is also widely known for its effective ability to patch pimples and fade freckles. However, if you have sensitive skin be very cautions with lemons.
If you follow all these basic tips on a day to day basis, you will definitely slow down the skin aging process, and you will look and feel more beautiful.