One of the simplest and most effective ways to protect the body from diseases, is to consume foods and beverages that contain substances that activate your immune system. Unsaturated fatty acids have the power to increase immunity when combined with a balanced diet, these are Omega 3 and Omega 6, whose primary function is to regulate some immune cells. For this you need to introduce many seeds and nuts into your diet.
They are mainly found in fruits and vegetables colored yellow, orange and red. They activate the immune system, quickly improving the body’s defense.
Found in many fruits and vegetables, improves the immune system and is also an antioxidant. Vitamin C has a powerful antioxidant effect and improves the effects of vitamin E, it has beneficial effects especially in respiratory issues and cold infections. Therefore, you should not miss the fruits and vegetables containing vitamin C from your daily diet.
Foods that increase immunity
– Garlic is one of the best natural antibiotics, it can be used in any kind of food, it helps in preventing common colds and gastrointestinal diseases. It contains a compound called allicin, a volatile sulfuric oil that stops the growth and multiplication of bacteria, fungi, and stimulates the flow of digestive enzymes.
– Hot pepper, or paprika, stimulates our metabolism. They are also rich in beta carotene that is turned into vitamin A in the blood, and then fights infection.
– Ginger contains an active gingerol component that is particularly effective in fighting colon cancer. It is also good for fighting colds or flu.
– Turmeric: Known as a spice, turmeric has been used for centuries as part of Chinese Ayurvedic medicine and traditional medicine. Turmeric, it’s an anti-microbe. That means it will fight both viral and bacterial infections. It is particularly effective in treating respiratory system diseases (again, this makes it an excellent remedy for cold and flu).
– Cinnamon: This is a basic spice in any Indian cuisine. Cinnamon is rich in antioxidants that will inhibit bacterial growth and blood clotting. It also helps stabilize sugar in the blood, reducing the risk of type 2 diabetes. More than this, it fights against bad cholesterol and controls bad breath.
– Grapefruit: Grapefruit has a high amount of vitamin C. In addition, it contains flavonoids – natural chemical compounds that help activate the immune system. If you do not like grapefruit, you can eat orange or mandarin.
– Almonds: A handful of almonds can reduce the effects of stress on the immune system. Only 30 grams of almonds contain the same amount of polyphenols (antioxidants that help fight heart disease and cancer) equivalent to a cup of green tea or a portion of broccoli.
– Cabbage: It is another source of immunity strengthening. It’s easy to find and it’s cheap. Try adding cabbage of any variety (white or red) to soups and stews for a plus of antioxidants and for increasing the nutritional value of your meals.
– Oysters: Oysters contain zinc – low levels of zinc have been associated with male infertility. Zinc appears to have an antiviral effect, although the researchers can not explain how this is done. However, they know it is important in our immune system, and also has the power to heal open wounds.
– Skimmed yogurt: One glass a day can reduce the risk of cold. Some researchers believe it can boost the immune system to fight disease. It also contains vitamin D. Recent studies have found a link between low levels of vitamin D and an increased risk of colds and flu.
– Spinach: Known as a super-food, spinach is rich in nutrients. It contains fiber and antioxidants such as vitamin C, and it has folic acid that helps the body produce new cells. Consume raw or boiled spinach to get these health benefits.
– Sweet potatoes: Just like carrots, sweet potatoes have antioxidants, beta-carotene and vitamin A, which is related to the slowing of the aging process and can reduce the risk of some cancers.
– Broccoli: At first, research has found that broccoli contains a special chemical that helps stimulate the immune system of mice, later it was proved that it can also do this for humans. Broccoli is rich in nutrients that protect the body. It has vitamin A, vitamin C and glutathione.
– Mushrooms: Due to the extremely rich content of selenium and antioxidants, mushrooms are a redoubtable enemy of the cold, with antiviral, antibacterial and anti-tumor effects. At the same time, increased levels of vitamin B play an essential role in maintaining immunity to maximum levels.
– Melon: With a moisturizing and refreshing effect, melon contains a powerful antioxidant enzyme: glutathione, called the “protein of life”, which stimulates the immune system. With its many properties, it helps inhibit the absorption and elimination of heavy metals, cigarette smoke, food colors and other toxic substances, including those from certain medicines.
It also protects the body against the effect of ultraviolet radiation, detoxifies the lymphatic system and is the best intracellular antioxidant, with a major role in the pathogenesis of asthma, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, cystic fibrosis, autism, hyperactivity and attention deficit, Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease , multiple sclerosis, schizophrenia, Crohn’s disease, Helicobacter pylori infection, enterocolitis, pancreatitis, etc.
– Wheat grains: A food recommended for various conditions, from back pain, to hormonal disorders and agitation, wheat beans are rich in fiber, protein and nutrients (zinc, antioxidants, vitamin B) and are an effective remedy for infectious diseases.
– Tea: Green or black? Regardless of the choice, both types of tea contain polyphenols and flavonoids, two types of antioxidants that destroy free radicals in our body, with unquestionable antibacterial and antiviral action. According to statistics, around 18-20 billion tea cups are consumed daily around the world.
The liver is an organ that must be protected if we want to have a good immunity, and to increase our ability to protect ourselves from diseases and eliminate toxins from the body
In order to strengthen your immunity, consider these four aspects
1. Avoid saturated fats;
2. Avoid constipation;
3. Consume as much as vegetable proteins (not animal protein);
4. Drink plenty of water.
Many fruits and vegetables are rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that can strengthen your immune system. You can turn them into nutritional juices that are extremely beneficial to your body. Consuming these drinks regularly will have fewer health problems.
Lemon is one of the fruits that you can find on the market regardless of season. It can bring stunning benefits to your health. This fruit contains large amounts of antioxidants and vitamin C that can improve the immune system, and will also balance alkaline / acidic levels in your body. If you drink lemonade on a regular basis, your body will become much less susceptible to most diseases.
Apple cider vinegar
The main ingredient in apple vinegar is apple, which has a wide range of vitamins and minerals that are beneficial to the body, including calcium, potassium, sodium, phosphorus, chlorine, magnesium, sulfur, iron and fluorine.
Blueberry juice is not just a delicious drink, it is also a powerful source of vitamin C and flavonoids that are effective in protecting your immune system. Blueberry juice can also help prevent heart disease and improves urinary tract.
Red beet juice
Red beet juice improves not only the immune system. It contains essential nutrients like: beta carotene, vitamin C, carotenoids, sulfur, calcium, iron, magnesium and potassium. This drink can improve brain function, helps in cleansing the blood, strengthen the gallbladder and liver. In general, beet juice is consumed in combination with apple juice or carrot, because it is highly concentrated and kind of difficult to drink as such.
Carrot juice is a sweet drink, highly appreciated by both adults and children. Having a great taste, carrot juice strengthens the immune system. It contains vitamin C, B complex vitamins, potassium, iron, sodium and phosphorus. All of these are ideal in preventing many diseases, it improves liver function, is helping the nervous system and helps in alkalinizing the blood.
Here’s how you can strengthen your immune system with only consuming the right vegetables and fruits. You just need to be open to try different options and pay attention to the signals that your own body transmits. Don’t forget that food alone can be a great medicine for your body.