The fall came, and the cold season could be a headache. Because of the low temperatures, both adults and children risk to catch cold. The cold season brings viral diseases that can sometimes have so devastating effects on our body that will leave us in bed for a few days. However, you don’t have to give up and turn to the medicine drawer.
You can use one of the following 10 remedies for any type of cough, suitable for both adults and children
1. Cut a radish into small cubes, put the cubes in a tray and sprinkle sugar over it. Put the tray in the oven for 2 hours. Filter out the juice and pour it into a glass container. Drink 2 teaspoons 3-4 times a day before meals and before going to sleep.
2. Raw pears, or sweet pears are a good remedy for strong cough. Decoction (boiling a herbal or plant material to dissolve its chemicals) of dried pears will relieve thirst during fever. In a glass with a spoonful of dried pears, pour 500 ml of water and boil it for 20 minutes. Let the water stay for 4 hours, then squeeze it. Drink 100 ml 4 times a day, 30 minutes before eating.
3. To make it easier to expectorate, drink cranberry juice with honey, or syrup of cranberry, one spoon a few times a day. Another very good remedy is tea from strawberry leaves. It has a beneficial effect that will relieve cough.
4. In case of dry cough, inhalations are a very good remedy. Grind and mix a spoonful of eucalyptus, a teaspoon of Marigold plant and one teaspoon of sweet wood. Pour 200 ml of boiling water over a spoon of the mixture. Let it infuse 5-10 minutes, then inhale the steam. Please note that small children in the first years of life are not allowed to inhale this remedy, especially when they have fever.
5. To treat a long cough, you can try compresses. Mix a spoonful of flour, one of dry mustard, one of sunflower oil, one of honey and one spoonful of vodka. Put the mixture to bain-marie, stirring constantly. The mixture obtained is put on a cloth, and this cloth is placed over the chest. Cover it with food foil or a plastic bag, and then with a thick scraper. Hold the compress on the chest until it cools down.
6. Slice 2 ripe bananas, add them in a saucepan with 200 ml of water, then boil for 10 minutes. When the drink cools down add honey, then you can drink it. It has an almost instant effect on relieving cough.
7. Mix 100 ml of radish or carrot juice with 100 ml of milk. Drink one spoon 6 times a day. It will make you feel better and this drink contains many anti-oxidants.
8. Mix a spoon of vinegar with olive oil or camphor. Pour this solution over an unused woolen cloth and put it on your chest.
9. Boil 10 dates in 500 ml of water for 30 minutes. Squeeze everything well and let it cool a little, then drink it. This is a very effective cure against dry cough.
10. Put a handful of raisins to be soaked for 45 minutes. Eat them the night before bed, along with a cup of hot milk. You will start to feel much better and you’ll have peaceful sleep.