Inflammation is the immune response to agents who cause irritation and infection in the body. We know the signs when they affect our skin – redness, swelling and pain. But what to do when inflammation affect internal organs? How we can stop the devastating effects? Eat smart!
Inflammation is very dangerous, primarily because it favors the development of tumors, including malignant. In fact, over the years, studies have shown that there is a close link between cancer and inflammation. The first mistake we make that lead to inflammation of internal organs is unhealthy diet, high in fat. Therefore, the most effective way to combat these problems is to adopt a proper diet. Here are the most effective foods that fight inflammation:
1. Wild salmon – this is an excellent source of Omega 3 fatty acids which are known to successfully combat inflammation in the body. Mackerel, anchovies and sardines are also rich in Omega 3, as flaxseed and peanuts, but to a lesser extent compared to salmon. You should avoid foods that are packed with Omega 6 fatty acids that in certain circumstances lead to inflammation, heart disease and cancer. Sunflower, soy, corn or safflower oil – here are some of the dangerous foods because they have a lot of polyunsaturated fats that are known to be easily degradable in contact with oxygen.
2. Curcumin – if you like spices, choose curcumin. Curcumin has anti-inflammatory effects, similar to those of powerful drugs such as hydrocortisone and ibuprofen, without producing their side effects. Ginger has similar anti-inflammatory effects, but somewhat weaker.
3. Green tea – is based on flavonoid (antioxidant) to relieve inflammation. Avoid adding processed milk in your tea, because it may contain antibiotics and growth hormones. They irritate the immune system, especially if processed milk is consumed for a long time.
4. Berries – fight inflammation through phytonutrients – natural agents who confer a high degree of protection. Blueberries, cranberries, raspberries, blackberries, goji – here’s what you should include in your every day diet. In addition, note that berries contain fewer pesticides if they are grown in greenhouses, or better, picked from forest.
5. Extra virgin olive oil – this is the longevity secret of Mediterranean peoples. Rich in polyphenols and monounsaturated fats, olive oil protects us of inflammation and many diseases. Avocado oil has a composition similar to olive oil, advantage being that the point of combustion is higher, making it ideal to be recommended for frying. Beware of commercial oils, rich in hydrogenated fats.
1,752 total views, 1 views today