The detoxification process is particularly beneficial for the body and mind, helping to eliminate toxins, exogenous and endogenous, improve metabolism, increase immunity, regulate bowel movements and maintains a good tone – physically and mentally.
It is ideal to perform this process at each change of season. In this sense, detoxification in spring is necessary because, during the winter, our body has undergone additional stress: unfavorable weather conditions, food with many proteins and fats at the expense of eating “greenies” – fresh fruits and vegetables, outdoor exercise, and physical activity diminished.
As the spring approaches, is time for a substantially modified diet that should be based primarily on vegetables and fresh herbs, specific to this season. Fresh fruits should be eaten as such or as juice. Sugar must be replaced with honey (1-2 tablespoons / day). Moderate consumption of whole grains, seeds (unroasted) and peanuts (unroasted) is recommended.
Use cold pressed olive oil, added to salads. Wherever possible, you should avoid eating excess meat and fat sausage, smoked, fried foods, canned foods containing food additives, sweets (especially sweets of trade), white bread, pastry preparations, juices containing synthetic additives, coffee and alcohol.
It would be good if you will – at least one day in a week – eat only “raw food,” i.e., uncooked fruits and vegetables, fruit juices, nuts, raisins, figs, dates, herbal infusions. It is very important to keep proper hydration, meaning you should consume 1.5-2 liters of water, juices, teas daily.
It is recommended to eat plenty of:
– Nettles (salad, mashed potatoes, fresh juice, tea): by their diuretic properties acts as a blood cleanser, helps detoxification, and also contains important vitamins (folic acid, C, A, E and K) and minerals (calcium, iron and magnesium), amino acids, chlorophyll, having a general tonic effect;
– Ramsons (Allium ursinum): containing minerals (potassium, magnesium, calcium) with cardiac tonic effect – dietary fiber that promotes assimilation of fat, and cholesterol absorption;
– Dandelion (Taraxacum): (salad bars, juice, tea) diuretic action, blood cleanser, lowers cholesterol and is a hepatobiliary protector;
– Watercress (Nasturtium officinale): combating Anemia;
– Garden Orache or Red Orach (Atriplex hortensis): rich in vitamins E and K, useful in case of ovarian and breast cysts and dermatological diseases;
– Lesser celandine: stimulates appetite, protect liver, balancing of nervous system, favoring sleep;
– Garlic and onions: rich in vitamins (A, B1, B2, E, C, K), minerals (iodine, zinc, magnesium and iron), water and fiber – boost the immune system, improve digestion, lower cholesterol, help lose extra pounds;
– Stevia: rich in vitamins B and C, essential minerals, calcium, magnesium, iron and potassium, with purgative effects and regulating heart activity;
– Spinach: rich in calcium, iron, folic acid, vitamin A, C, BE and K, increases immunity, regulates bowel movement, combat anemia and mental fatigue state, has antiallergic effect;
– Artichokes: has multiple detoxification actions of the body; choleretic – cholagogue effect, stimulating the production and elimination of bile, lowering blood cholesterol and stimulation of diuresis, is consumed as such, in salads, or as an infusion or tincture;
– Spices (not chili): very rich in vitamins and minerals: lovage, parsley, dill;
Juices made of fresh fruits and vegetables are also recommended for detoxification, by drinking 250ml of juice every day.
To emphasize the detoxification process, you can use:
– Laxative, purgative: such as flax seed, white mustard, tea and chamomile shock;
– Diuretic, depurative: cranberry, horsetail, birch leaves, juniper berries, knotweed, ash, corn silk, primrose, nettle, dandelion, cornflowers, nettle in tea or tincture form.
Green tea is very beneficial because it is an excellent antioxidant, helps regulate bowel movements, lowers cholesterol, and is fortified and remineralizing, physical and mental tonic.
Green barley extracts are an excellent source of; enzymes (superoxide dismutase – (SOD), which inactivate free radicals, harmful to the organism), amino acids, proteins, cellulose, vitamins (B group, A, C, E, K), minerals (iron, calcium, manganese, magnesium, zinc, copper and molybdenum), chlorophyll. Thanks to this composition, is a powerful detoxifier, boosts immunity, slows the aging process and help in cell regeneration. It recommended a cure of 2-3 weeks.
You will be amazed to notice that by simply changing your food, you will feel more energized. The skin will become brighter and younger. Fatigue accumulated during the winter will disappear,you will be more dynamic and full of life, in full compliance with the spring seasons. Don’t forget the very important role of moving and relaxation outdoors, needed to recharge our batteries. Also, aromatherapy or reflexology sessions, a warm aromatic bath, sauna and massage may contribute to the beneficial effects of detox diets.