The use of pollen grains in daily doses not exceeding a few tens of grams is not likely to cover all the food needs of an adult. However, pollen can bring a complete range of vitamins, especially in case of unbalanced diets.
Healing benefits of pollen
Pollen is said to be one of the most precious gifts of nature to man because in the absence of growth of flowering plants would be impossible to create such a miraculous substance. Pollen is the main food of “babies” in the bees hive and is also the raw material for royal jelly, wax and yeast.
Miraculous properties of pollen have been discovered by beekeepers only after they have realized that families of bees than are hoarding pollen since spring are the most vigorous of the hive. Pollen owns several properties because the energy and nutrients it includes, among others, a substance found in pollen can accelerate growth, and another has antibiotic properties very effective in treating colibacilli.
Moreover, pollen increases the amount of hemoglobin in the blood of those who suffer from anemia.
Some unusual properties of pollen are known by many, one of them being that with only 30 to 40 pounds of pollen, gathered by bees, ensure the born of over 150,000 bees each year.
– Water: 3.4%;
– Protein: 7 to 35%, half of which are amino acids (arginine, histidine, leucine, etc..);
– Carbohydrates: 21 to 49%;
– Fat: between 0,19 and 15%;
– Minerals: potassium, calcium, sodium, phosphorus, etc..;
– Vitamins: B1, B2, B6, C, E, D, etc..;
– A growth factor;
– Antibiotic substances, most can be found in corn pollen;
– Other still unidentified substances in trace amounts.
How we use pollen?
Properties: Tonic, stimulant, anti anaemic, antibacterial, can accelerate growth, can balance the nervous system, regulates bowel function. When used by healthy people, pollen can increase physical and intellectual efficiency, strengthen the body and immune system (it is best to be used during epidemics of infectious and contagious disease), supplementation any gaps of vitamins or amino acids or minerals (during pregnancy, lactation, convalescence).
Pollen can also be used by people suffering from conditions such as fatigue, anorexia, rickets, poor growth in children, senescence, constipation, colitis, chronic diarrhea, anemia, alcoholism, vascular fragility, colibacillosis, BPH, chronic hepatitis, liver cirrhosis, neurosis, arthritis, skin diseases, hair loss, headaches and malignant tumors.
Indications according to the pollen source
– Acacia pollen: insomnia, neurosis;
– Sweet chestnut pollen: varicose veins, suffering prostate;
– Pollen maces: febrile illness and heart disease;
– Rosemary pollen: asthenia;
– Lime pollen: neurosis, insomnia;
– Pollen of thyme: sexual impotence, frigidity;
– Apple pollen: heart disease.
Very important is that when we suffer from a condition to choose the appropriate pollen. Finding a certain type of pollen can be difficult and because of that most people prefer the Polyphemus that is readily available (found in stores in natural form or in various preparations).
– Children between 3 and 5 years: 5 to 10 grams per day;
– Children between 6 and 12 years: 10 to 15 grams per day;
– Adults: loading dose: 30-40 grams / day; maintenance dose: 16 to 20 grams per day.
Administration of pollen can be made in many forms: short courses (only one month per year), which have very low efficiency, regular courses at the beginning of each season, 45 days in a row and only two courses a year, every 90 days a cure, in early winter and late summer, courses continue with 2 to 3 grams per day or more, depending on the condition that a person has and its tolerance to pollen.
Pollen grains can be eaten only dry, plain or sweetened with honey, dissolved in water or mixed with honey or jam, yogurt, etc. Also, you can dissolve it in milk, but never in tea or coffee because they diminish its therapeutic properties. Before being swallowed, chew the grains very.
Bear in mind that people who are intolerant to pollen should minimize the specified doses, and those with allergic manifestations cannot, unfortunately, consume this natural bee product.
2,181 total views, 8 views today