In October, the beautiful fruits of oaks, with their umbrellas placed on the crown, are forming real forests carpet on the hills and trees around the fields. Oak is widespread in Europe, North Africa and several Asian areas. In the past it was much more widespread, often in mixtures with beech and other deciduous trees.
After a century, was considered a true fountain of wealth, carefully harvested to be used as medicine for humans and as feed for animals during winter. They were also objects of worship and magic. Thus, it is believed that acorns contain a mystical essence of oak vigor, able to restore power to the sick or tired, to prolong youth and bring luck and prosperity. Dried and crushed acorns are given in the form of decoction, wine and leaven in the form of coffee.
Acorn powder: – collect acorns and let them dry in a warm and well ventilated place for 3-4 weeks. After they dry, grind with an electric coffee grinder or mill, and the powder obtained can be taken as 3-4 teaspoons per day.
Acorn coffee: – on a hot pan fry acorns and seeds of chickpea (in proportion of 2:1), turning them constantly, so it does not fry too much. Grind and obtain a brown powder – which is acorn coffee. Mix a half cup of water (150 ml) and 1-3 teaspoons of powder, then let it boil for 2-3 minutes. Drink warm.
Below you can find some therapeutic indications:
– Diarrhea, dysentery – Take 3-4 teaspoons of acorn powder daily on an empty stomach. The plant should be put under the tongue for several minutes, then swallow with water. In severe cases, the dose can be increased up to 10 teaspoons a day.
– Adjutant in internal bleeding – 2-3 teaspoons of very finely minced acorn powder is taken on an empty stomach. If bleeding is strong, boil 6 tablespoons of acorn powder in a cup of water for two minutes, then filter and drink on an empty stomach, in a single dose.
– Fermentation colitis, enteritis – Drink 2-3 cups of acorn coffee a day. This preparation must not be softened and will always be taken on an empty stomach before meals.
– Ulcer, gastritis – is given one teaspoon of acorn powder, 2-3 times daily between meals or when pains begin (but always on an empty stomach). This remedy has antacid effects, calming and healing the stomach.
– Debility, anemia – is a cure for a month, during which every day is given 3 teaspoons of grated acorn powder. To avoid constipation, concurrently add wheat bran, honey and fresh fruit.
– Tiredness, headaches, fatigue – acorn coffee drink (obtained from 2 to 4 teaspoons per cup of water) sweetened with honey. It has an energizing effect, somewhat similar to that of conventional coffee, but without experiencing the accentuated fatigue felt after crossing the caffeine effect.
2,231 total views, 1 views today